Christmas is right around the corner (aka this Friday), and the reindeer are already warming up, so it’s time to kick present wrapping into high gear!
However, making your gift look “under-the-tree worthy” requires a bit of effort. So, here is a simple, step-by-step guide to teach you how to do just that:
What you’ll need:
- Wrapping paper
1. Rollout some of your wrapping paper and lay your box down upside – this will be the top of your present, where no tape will be seen. Leave enough room at the end of the roll to cover your box about halfway. Tape it down.
2. Repeat step one, cutting the remaining paper off and leaving you with enough to cover the rest over your box.
Pro tip: Cut an extra inch or two longer just to be safe, and keep in mind that you will need enough paper to cover the perpendicular ends!
3. Now, rotate your box to start working on the sides (the hard part.) If the paper is excessively long, trim it down or else it’ll get in the way.
Watch this video for help with the following steps:
4. Fold down the top flap, creasing it at the edge of the box. Do the same for each side piece, bringing them towards the middle. They should look like little triangles. Crease them and tape down, if need be.
5. Next, take the bottom, triangle-shaped section and fold it upwards, creasing it at the bottom of the box. Leave it pointed and tape down, or fold the point and tape it down.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 on the last side. And, be patient – this part takes a while to get the hang of and may take a couple tries before getting it right.
7. Now that your present is wrapped, personalize it. You can simply write who it’s for with a Sharpie, tie ribbon around it or attach a bow and name tag. It’s up to you!