Are you in need of a quick and easy, sweet treat to take to your next gathering? Madeleines are a classic that nearly everyone will enjoy.
Their spongy texture and hints of lemon will be sure to make them a hit with guests, and the quick prep and cook time will make them a winner in your book.
Ingredients & Supplies
|⅔ c sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest
½ c butter, softened
|1 c AP flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep pan with cooking spray and flour.
- In a small bowl, add sugar and lemon zest, rubbing the zest into the sugar with your fingertips until it is fragrant. For more of a lemony flavor, add an extra teaspoon or two of zest.
- Slightly soften butter and use an electric mixer to combine butter with the sugar and zest until creamy. Add vanilla.
- Next, add eggs one at a time, mixing until they are fully incorporated.
- Lastly, sift the All Purpose flour into the bowl containing the liquid ingredients. Add salt. Then, fold together with a spatula by hand. The result should be a light, fluffy and smooth better.
- Spoon batter into madeleine forms, filling them ⅔ of the way. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the pan (we used a mini). You’re looking for a golden brown color around the edges and a little “belly” on the bottom of each cookie.
- When done, remove from pan (they should pop right out) and let cool for a few minutes.