If you have a laptop you protect that thing with your life, which usually requires a case. But sometimes finding one is difficult! For me, my laptop has unique dimensions, and I just couldn’t find one that I really liked. So I decided to make one! It even saved me some cash with all the material costing about 15 dollars from my local fabric store.
I went for a pretty simple design since I was going to be taking it to my summer internship and wanted to look more professional and less academic. Keep in mind that this case will not protect in the result of a fall, but more from scratches and bumps.
What you will need:
- Exterior fabric
- Interior fabric: cotton fleece
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine/ needle and thread
1. Measure the height and width of the laptop or tablet that you are making the case for and add 2 inches to each measurement.
2. Cut two rectangles of each fabric with those dimensions.
3. Lay the zipper on top of the inner fabric then the outer fabric face down onto the zipper – making a sandwich. Pin the top together to double check it’s where you want it.
4. If you are confident, then sew that zipper! If not, like me, pin down the other side as well and then lay it out like you want it to look.
5. Now, you are going to match up the fabric with its pair and sew them together. Make sure you are sewing the insides and not the side you want to be seen.
6. Stuff the interior fabric inside the exterior one.
7. Flaunt it!