We all know that avocados are where it’s at. They’re no longer just a trendy addition to our fruit drawer; they’re here to stay. So, when you’re in need of a dose of the good fats and a protein punch, fix up this creamy and rich breakfast dish:
Ingredients & Supplies
Crushed red pepper
1. Preheat your oven 425º F.
2. Cut your ripe avocado (it should be a little squishy) in half and take out the seed. Place them on your baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
3. With a spoon, carve out some of the avocado from both halves. You’re going to need to make room for your egg.
4. Crack your eggs, one at a time, and place them in the pocket you created.
Depending of your egg to avocado size ratio, there’s probably going to be some spillage. Remember: It all tastes the same!
5. With your avocado halves carefully balanced, sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and cheese of your choice on top.
6. Carefully move your avocados to your heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Look for you egg whites to turn to an opaque white, your avocado to brown some and your cheese to melt.
Featured Image by Alexis Paige